When choosing a senior living community to make the move to, location is one important factor to consider. Maybe you wish to be close to family, or maybe being situated in a location where you can access all the modern conveniences you need is your priority. Columbus, IN, is a top spot for everything you require.
About Living in Columbus
The county seat of Bartholomew County in Indiana, Columbus was named in the historic destinations list of National Geographic Traveler in 2008. That alone should give you an idea of how much there is to do here! Home to many manufacturing companies including Cummins Inc., which is also the largest employer in the city, Columbus benefits from a bustling economy.
Recreational Parks Around Columbus
Outdoor enthusiasts can be sure of finding something to do and somewhere to explore in Columbus. Recreational parks in the area include:
- Anderson Falls: A 44-acre park that features two hiking trails and a cascading waterfall, Anderson Falls is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Mill Race Park: This 85-acre riverfront park has been recognized as one of the top 100 parks in the nation for its accessibility and design. With a wide range of amenities including picnic shelters, basketball courts, and fishing spots, it’s the perfect place for a day out.
Popular Arts & Entertainment Near Columbus
If you are looking for entertainment options in the area, Columbus will not disappoint. Be sure to check out:
- Art galleries: There are numerous art galleries in Columbus, including 411 Community Arts Gallery, Miller M. Arch Gallery, and the Gallery of Media, Art and Design. Check out the local arts and architecture scene and get inspired!
- YES Cinema & Conference Center: Catch the latest shows in this cozy theater downtown!
Many tourists travel to Columbus for destination art and architecture tours every year. Whether you wish to do some exploring on your own or join a tour, there’s no better way to spend the day.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets Near Columbus
There are many places you can go for some retail therapy in and near Columbus. Below are some:
- Indiana Premium Outlets: Featuring 85 outlets located on Interstate 65, you can find brands such as Nike, Calvin Klein, Bath & Body Works, Gap, and many more here.
- Downtown shops and boutiques: Downtown Columbus will not disappoint with its wide range of shopping and dining options including Boutique Elise, Hoosier Sporting Goods, Bucceto’s Pizza and Pasta, Flavors Of India, Gramz Bakery, Joe Willy’s Burger Bar, and more.
Best Schools Near Columbus
There are schools for children across all ages in Columbus, including:
- Mount Healthy Elementary School
- Southside Elementary School
- Northside Middle School
- Central Middle School
- Columbus North High School
- Columbus East High School
- … and more!
Why Choose GreenTree At Westwood?
If you are considering relocating to a senior living community, Columbus, IN has many things to offer new residents. GreenTree At Westwood’s strategic location puts our residents within close proximity of all the modern conveniences the city has to offer, whether you are most at home in nature or a shopaholic.
To learn more about living in GreenTree At Westwood, feel free to contact us today.